- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.Id0FrFe2.dpuf Hell or High Fashion: Same Shirt, Different Day

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Same Shirt, Different Day

Top, DVF.  Skirt, H&M.  Shoes, BCBG.

Ever since I became the proud owner of this DVF top I've been wearing it non-stop.  It just seems to go with everything; pair it with high waisted cropped pants for a secretary-gone-bad vibe, or with a long, flowy skirt for a vintage-inspired feel.   Today, I decided to send Spring vibrations out to the universe with the hopes of quickening its arrival.

I think the reason I'm so drawn to this particular piece is because it seems as if it were rescued from my grandmother's closet or uncovered in an antique shop, yet it's a brand new find from Resort 2011.  It has the look of vintage without any wear-and-tear, and therefore has become my new favorite article of clothing!


I just picked up this skirt from H&M the other day and coudn't wait to test-drive it!  It's not quite January-appropriate, but I couldn't resist the florals-and-butterflies combo.  Clearly it's inspired by the Stella McCartney spring runway show, but it's far enough away from the real deal that it can't be considered a knock-off.  And while I definitely couldn't afford Stella's beautiful version, this skirt only set me back $39!



I let the loud print and exaggerated shoulders speak for themselves and paired the combo with bare legs and simple black heels.  Anything else would've felt too busy for me; I like to keep things simple rather than pile on the layers.

To brave the great outdoors I added a camel coat and sunglasses.  Tres chic!

Coat, F21.  Sunglasses, Ralph Lauren.


2 comments:

  1. So adorable! Love the skirt. :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have a great sense of style! I do a fair amount of interviews with other style bloggers on my blog and was wondering if you'd be interested in being interviewed? Check out my blog for contact info!


    -Jess
    http://darknightholdtight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete