- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.Id0FrFe2.dpuf Hell or High Fashion: Be Sharp, See Flats

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Be Sharp, See Flats

For a self-declared high heel junkie, I've somehow amassed quite the collection of flats.  I was cleaning out my closet recently (read: trying on everything I own in one of those 'I-have-nothing-to-wear' panics) and realized that I've been completely neglecting some of my shoe babies.  My new goal is to give my flats as much love as I do my pumps...they can be very chic and fashion forward in their own special way.

Flats, Chanel

I got these amazing Chanel flats second hand awhile back...as you can see I wore them down pretty badly!  It has been too long since these gems were in my rotation, the back of the closet is no place for Chanel!



Flats, Ferragamo

I scooped up these vintage babies at Second Time Around when I used to work there.  They were just too cute to pass up, but I don't have a lot of lavender in my wardrobe so they don't get the attention they deserve.   I'm picturing them for spring with high waisted black shorts and a 50s style cardi!




Flats, Prada
These Pradas are my pride and joy!  As we all know, I love a little sparkle- and these are like disco balls on my feet.  I adored these so much that I bought another pair in bronze.  However, they're the teensiest bit too tight...here's hoping my feet shrink.


And finally...my brand new purchase!

Flats, Reed Krakoff
I bought these on super-sale at Saks yesterday.  They're by Reed Krakoff, the head designer for Coach.  I'm not a fan of most Coach products, but Krakoff's own spinoff line has been genius!  I'm dying for one of his bags...but until I raise the $6000 I need to own one these flats will have to suffice.  The simple black matte/patent leather combo evokes Audrey Hepburn, but the slightly off-center bows give them a funky, modern spin.  


Tomorrow I'm going to aim to create an outfit around one of these pairs!

1 comment:

  1. Have you checked out the Gryson bag line? Joy Gryson used to design for Coach & Calvin Klein, but her main claim to fame was acting as the Accessories Director of Design & Development for Marc Jacobs. She's come out with her own line of bags, and lemme tell you, these pics do NOT do the pieces any justice. A-MAAAA-ZINGGGG!

    http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&biw=1920&bih=873&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=gryson+bag&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

    ReplyDelete