- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.Id0FrFe2.dpuf Hell or High Fashion: Wiggle It

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wiggle It

As a fashion enthusiast and subscriber to more industry magazines than I care to mention, I consider myself pretty knowledgeable on whatever is currently trendy.  I love pouring over the pages of Vogue and drooling over models in high-end harem pants and floaty frocks from the 70s, but how many of these trends are realistic for my body type?  Hardly any.  

While I think it's important to keep a hand on the pulse of fashion, nothing is more important than dressing for yourself.  I would kill to be able to look chic in a swingy tent dress, but that's just not an option for me.  Therefore, my first and foremost priority when planning my wardrobe for a new season is learning what looks good on me specifically, regardless of trend.  And what looks good is inevitably a classic silhouette that recalls the 40's or 50's!

Shirt and suspender skirt, vintage.  Shoes, Bandolino.

I definitely got lucky in the fall/winter '10 season, as 50's sillhouettes were all the rage; this Spring seems to have a retro appeal too, if Dior's vintage vixens were any indication.   

This vintage leopard print shirt is one of my favorite finds; it has an interesting neckline and the color demands attention.   The high waisted skirt + suspenders is a combination that is simultaneously different and classic.   I plan on wearing this outfit for a night on the town with my girls!  I'll add my Marc Jacobs clutch to complete the look.



Looks like this tend to flatter any body type and look classic and chic regardless of what is currently being shown on the runway.  You can't go wrong!



No comments:

Post a Comment