- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.Id0FrFe2.dpuf Hell or High Fashion: Varsity Blues

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Varsity Blues

Varsity jackets seemed to pop up all over the Spring 2011 runways.  Seeing this trend brought me back to my 8th grade cheerleading days, when I sauntered around town in my oversized varsity jacket and thought I was the coolest kid around.  I recently spent a weekend at home and decided to scoop up my old jacket and give it some love!






It's definitely too big (8th-grade me must've looked ridiculous!), but I love the authenticy of wearing my own jacket rather than buying a ready-made "fashion" version of the trend.  

Here's what I wore underneath:

Sweater and skirt, F21.  Top, vintage.  Shoes, ?

Can you tell I'm ready for spring??  This outfit is definitely not weather-appropriate in Boston right now, but I'm so sick of tights and pants and winter coats.  I'll sacrifice warmth for the sake of a cutesy outfit!





This outfit makes me feel like a 50s school girl.  The only thing I'm missing is a handsome boy in a letterman's sweater to carry my books for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment