- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.Id0FrFe2.dpuf Hell or High Fashion: Now & Later

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Now & Later

It seems like we're still in the thick of winter, but the first pieces from the Spring/Summer '11 collections are starting to enter stores- and it's impossible to restrain myself from shopping.  Although the bright colors and thin fabrics are calling to me, I'm trying to choose pieces that I can incorporate into my wardrobe with thicker knits and tights so that I can get the most use out of them now.

Shirt and Skirt, DVF.  Shoes, Bandolino.

 Both the top and bottom are from Diane von Furstenberg's newest collection.  I immediately was drawn to the graphic print on this blouse, and while I'll pair it with matching black pants or a skirt for winter, I can't help picturing it with a bright neon skirt and funky chunky sandals come spring.




I don't usually like to combine prints, even though it's a huge trend this season.  To me, each piece in my closet has a life and personality of it's own.  When I find an aritcle of clothing that seems unique and special, I don't want it to have to fight for attention!  Thus, I'm letting this top do all the talking.

For jewelry I added black and white enamel danglers.  I'd love to throw some cobalt blue or jade jewels into the mix, but I'm afraid I don't own anything like that!  New shopping mission, accepted.



1 comment:

  1. Ughhh I love this and it's making me even more anxious for warm weather.

    ReplyDelete