- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.Id0FrFe2.dpuf Hell or High Fashion: Cleaning Out My Closet

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cleaning Out My Closet

I recently decided to carve out a chunk of time for myself and get started on a big Spring Cleaning project- cleaning out my closet.  It's a task that's dreaded by most, but I actually had fun rediscovering old favorites and thinking about new ways to wear them for this season.  I guess I didn't clean so much as play dress-up, but it was still productive!

Here are some pics I snapped through the process:

Cardi and bag, vintage.  Dress, DVF.  Shoes, Vivienne Westwood + Melissa.

The pinky-red color of this dress is what pulled me in when I spotted it a few years ago in a consignment shop.  I wore it non-stop for a while, but it's been relegated to the back of my closet in more recent months.  It's a very classic cut, so I thew on a vintage beaded cardi and ridiculous(ly cool) shoes to give the outfit some sass.  



Dress, Matthew Williamson for H&M.  Shoes, DVF.

One of my favorite dresses!!  I hardly ever wear this gem because it's such a loud piece, but I just love to look at it sometimes- what a work of art.  Matthew Williamson is a genius, and when he did a capsule collection for H&M a few years back I knew I had to get my hands on his handiwork.  I never know what to wear with this dress, so for now I paired it with my turqoise DVF platforms. 


Dress, vintage.  Shoes, DVF.  Belt, Ferragamo.

I love LOVE love the colors in this vintage dress, and at only $12 I had to buy it- despite some major fit issues.   When shopping for vintage pieces, it's inevitable that the one thing that you can't live without won't fit you correctly.  That's where a good tailor steps in!   This dress is huge in the chest area (which is why I'm sexily peeking over my shoulder here), but I know once I find the time to get it fixed it'll constantly be in my wardrobe rotation.

Hopefully this clean-out will provide enough inspiration to get me through the latest New England cold spell.   I'm ready for short skirts, open-toe shoes, and toting around the best hot-weather accesory-- a large iced coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment