- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.Id0FrFe2.dpuf Hell or High Fashion: Beachy Keen

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Beachy Keen


The weather has been so amazing lately that I was inspired to make my first beach-wear purchase of the season!   This tee-shirt dress from H&M is the perfect throw-it-on-and-go outfit for those days when it's too hot to think about putting together an ensemble.  

Dress, H&M.  Shoes, Cynthia Vincent for Target.
Granted, it's not quite that hot yet, but I got so excited about the sunshine that I jumped the gun on summer fashion when I went for a stroll on the beach earlier this week.   

Spring/summer is the perfect time to break out of my black-and-white shell and put some color into my life!  I feel like I can get away with these crazy, candy-colored stripes because the cut of the dress is clean and unfussy.


I love the exposed zipper detail on the back.



I was endlessly tortured by my sisters when I went to the beach in high heels last year, so this time around I decided to try wedges.   They're much easier to walk in, blend in with the sand, and still allow me to look 4 inches taller.  :)

These wacky wedges were the perfect pair to wear with the dress!  Mixing prints is very in this season, so I mixed the geometric shapes on the shoes with the striped dress- it works because the color palettes are so similar.   


As fun as it was to feel the sand between my toes, it's still pretty chilly by the water.  I'm gonna put this look on hold until summer is officially here- it's just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment