- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.Id0FrFe2.dpuf Hell or High Fashion: Work and Play

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Work and Play

Dress, Betsey Johnson.  Shoes, F21.  Hat, Urban Outfitters.  Jewelry, vintage.
I recently celebrated my one-month anniversary with the city of Los Angeles, and I haven't been able to  post a blog since!  I finally feel settled in my new town, but I'm still not used to my crazy work schedule:  one day I'm working retail at Betsey Johnson, the next day I'm shopping 'til I drop for rockstars, and the next I'm organizing a towering pile of receipts.  I'm LOVING every aspect of my job, but focusing on other people's style has put a serious cramp in my own.  

Most days I can't be bothered to throw on anything more than a black tank dress or a vintage rock tee, but when I'm working at Betsey Johnson I'm required to put in a bit more effort.  This purple-y/maroon sundress from Betsey is my usual work wear, but today I put it to good use after-hours for a lovely Sunday in Larchmont with my man (who snapped these pics)!



Backpack, F21.
I haven't been giving my hat collection enough attention, so I took this 20s-inspired topper out of the closet to shield me from the sun.  The cloche fit and straw bow make for the most adorable addition to any ensemble!

In the spirit of switching things up, I opted for a vintage-inspired backpack instead of my usual handbag. This simple switch lent the look a whole different vibe- the backpack made me feel playful and ready for adventure, which is exactly what I needed after a long week!


Floral pumps completed the look, along with a few vintage jewels.

This is the most dressed-up I've looked in a long time, which is weird for me- normally I'm overdressed in a skirt and heels daily!  Putting this outfit together reminded me why I love fashion so much: when I dress better, I feel better, and I hope I can start taking time each morning to pick out an outfit that will make me feel amazing, even in the middle of the most hectic day at work.  


P.S.  Although I haven't posted on Hell or High Fashion in a few weeks, I've been tweeting my fashion observations daily!  Follow @CatLadyFashion for more frequent updates!!

1 comment: