- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.Id0FrFe2.dpuf Hell or High Fashion: Fancy Pants

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fancy Pants

Top, DVF.  Pants, Zara.  Clutch, MCM.  Jewelry, Marc by Marc & F21.

I’m currently going through one of those phases where I feel like I have nothing to wear, even though my closet doors are threatening to burst open with overflow at any moment.  Both of my jobs require different work wardrobes, and I feel a bit like a style schizophrenic-  I bounce betweeen florals and tutus for my day job at Betsey, and skinny jeans and rocker chains for my internship.  I feel like my own fashion identity is getting a little lost these days, but I'm using the opportunity to spice up my style and experiment a bit.  First new trend I'm trying?  Pants!




 These wide-leg polka-dot trousers have been waiting for their day in the sun for awhile; I scooped them up at Zara's seasonal sale for $19 and promptly forgot about them.  These particular pants aren't too far out of my usual skirt/dress comfort zone.  Because the legs are so wide and flowy, they actually appear to be a long skirt from certain angles.  Super comfy too!!  I paired them with a simple DVF tee. 


The low scoop in the back of the shirt really makes it for me!  As regular readers know, I am powerless against a garment that shows off my tatttoos.  :)

This look is very simple, so I added some suble contrast by putting spotted leopard pumps against the dotted black pants, and added my MCM clutch to tie in the brown-and-black theme.  I love the subtlty of small, mismatched patterns!



I always worry about wearing pants, because I'm afraid they'll make me look stumpy.  This pair changed my mind though-  I feel tall and slim, and I've never been more comfortable.  I'm glad to say that I now wear the pants!



1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE this outfit. I keep coming back to look at it, months later.

    ReplyDelete