- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.Id0FrFe2.dpuf Hell or High Fashion: Neutral Territory

Friday, July 22, 2011

Neutral Territory

Dress, Diane von Furstenberg.  Shoes, Zara.  Bag, MCM.  Belt, H&M.  Necklace, F21.
When deciding what to wear every morning, my goal is to choose outfits that will stand out in the crowd.  I'm a shy person and have trouble taking the initiative when talking to people, so I let my look do the talking for me!  I love when people can get a sense of who I am based on the clothing I'm wearing- I want my style to say that I'm classy, classic, fun, professional, quirky, intelligent, etc., depending on where I'm going.  Generally I rely on stark whites, dramatic darks, or flashy brights to get my point across, but this gold DVF dress showed me that neutral colors can really stand out when accessorized to perfection.




The golden hue of this classic DVF piece is sensational- while it is part of the brand's pre-fall collection (picture it with dark brown leather boots and a fur vest...mmm), the way the summer sunlight hits the fabric  makes it the perfect choice for a summer day dress as well.  I added a light tan belt for some contrast and matched it to my Zara nude pumps.



As soon as I got this dress I knew it called for a stand-out statement necklace, and I found the best bling for my buck at Forever 21.  The copper and gold jewels add just the right amout of intrigue without overpowering the simplicity of the shift dress.  My oversize vintage MCM clutch is a great mix between a delicate evening bag and an everyday carry-all and serves as an unexpected finishing touch.  

My favorite details in this outfit?  The zipper that spans the length of the back of the dress,


and pockets!


Putting together this look helped me conquer my fear of neutrals; instead of blending in beige, I'm getting noticed in gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment